Technology has drastically changed the real estate market. Nowadays, anyone can search for homes online. So that may lead you to ask why do I need a REALTOR? Hiring a licensed REALTOR is an important step in your home-buying journey. With expertise in the real estate market and process, a licensed agent serves as a trusted source of information and advocate to help you make the right decisions for you.
What We Do For You In the Home Buying Process
- Serve as your dedicated advocate throughout the home-buying process.
- Conduct an initial professional consultation to determine your ideal property (specific needs, wants and goals).
- Provide community profiling including a detailed review of the geographic, demographic, and economics of specific residential areas where the Buyer’s needs and wants can best be fulfilled.
- Provide mortgage qualification assistance to facilitate the mortgage application process with a Mortgage Loan Originator. Then a suitable property can be selected.
- Actively search for properties that might be of interest to you based on your specific criteria through these channels: the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), for sale by owners, and properties available through relocation management companies and lending institutions.
- Schedule and accompany the Buyer on all property showings.
- Complete a professional comparative market analysis on any home selected for purchase to provide factual data on recent comparable sales that will assist the Buyer in the offer and negotiation process.
- Provide expert advice on negotiation strategy, including explaining any potential consequences of any Stipulations of Sale and/or Material Facts that have been disclosed by the Seller(s)
- Negotiate with the listing agent on your behalf.
- Recommend local home inspectors, septic inspectors and any other professional service providers.
- Schedule appointments to provide access to the property for inspectors, appraisers, etc.
- Review home inspector’s report, and confer with you regarding the same.
- Monitor loan progress with your lender to ensure that critical deadlines are being met.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed and available before the closing date.
- Advise on suggested objectives for the Due Diligence Period.
- Review Settlement Statement to ensure that you receive all applicable credits.
- Conduct final walk-through either with you or as your proxy.
- Accompany the Buyer to the closing to assist with any last-minute questions and/or issues.
- Continue to provide service long after the sale is complete to answer questions, make referrals to service providers and more!