“Does it Come With The House?”
Heavy, bulky items can be awkward to pack up and difficult to move. They also can be seen as big perks to potential buyers. If you’re willing to part with the items below, have your REALTOR mention them as features of your house.
1. Basketball hoop – This can be great for families with young children. A game of basketball is the perfect icebreaker between neighborhood kids.
2. Trampoline – Another family-friendly item. That is, as long it’s not rusted or in otherwise poor condition.
3. Washer/Dryer – One less thing for buyers transitioning from apartment life to worry about.
4. Garage storage – Once you really dive into packing, you’ll be glad you don’t have to disassemble your shelving and storage racks, let alone find a box they fit in.
5. Light fixtures – Know your audience on this one. People can either think Tiffany lamps add character to a room or subtract from it.
6. Child proofing – The chances all those tiny socket plugs and safety latches make it to your new home are slim anyway.
7. Backyard shed – Gardeners and lawn care enthusiasts will rejoice.
Be prepared that a potential buyer may say “No.” Make sure you only leave behind items the buyer is interested in!
Article originally appeared on RE/MAX.