What To Do During Real Estate’s Summertime Slowdown
We’re in the thick of summer, when usually, we notice real estate sales slow because of a variety of factors including more people are out of town and on vacation. But here at DiVito Dream Makers, we are noticing buyer fatigue has come early.
What Is Buyer Fatigue?
Simply put – it means buyers are taking longer to make offers. It happens every year at some point and is common in hot housing markets, like here in the Denver Metro area. Buyers are slower to make an offer for a variety of reasons including high prices, bidding wars and low selection. It is emotionally draining to continually find and lose your dream home.
What Does That Mean If I’m A Buyer?
To ensure success in your home search given these conditions, consider these tips:
- Make sure you are teamed up with a well-trained agent right for you and your needs.
- Give yourself ample time to find your dream home.
- Make a list of items you are looking for in that home.
- You need to be more aggressive in your search since there are fewer homes but more competitors (other buyers).
- Make an offer over the listing price.
- Consider being a back-up offer. Contracts fall through for a variety of reasons and you can not predict which ones will, so do not be afraid to be a back-up.
If you cannot find your dream home, then do not be afraid to take a break. You can always try again searching for your home during the “off” season, which is usually in the Fall in the Denver Metro area.
What Does That Mean If I’m A Seller?
If buyers are fatigued, then it could lead to you – the seller – being fatigued because it may take longer than you would like to sell your home. Here are some tips to combat seller’s fatigue:
- Ensure your home is as presentable as possible, making the best first impression for a potential buyer. Make any home repairs you can, de-clutter, or even stage your home.
- Be flexible during contact negotiations.
- Enjoy living in your house at its best, as your time there is coming to an end.
If you have any further questions, then please do not hesitate to contact DiVito Dream Makers. DiVito Dream Makers serves the entire Denver Metro area. The Team has 2 locations – an office in Arvada and one in Louisville. Give us a call at (303) 456-2111 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org!